Have you, like so many other brides, agonised over your wedding stationery? Hammered or Flat Card stock? Script or modern typeface? Is it cream or ivory? The options and decisions are endless, however it is important as you are setting the tone for your wedding day the moment you send out your ‘save the dates’ or invitations.
You want to get it right. You want your guests to get excited and talk about the upcoming day. You want to create a buzz. After all – it is your BIG day!
Some couples invite 100+ guests and that means A LOT of paper, card and printing – not to mention the cost. It is worth considering the environmental impact of paper invitations and where possible, consider using recycled paper. If a rustic/boho wedding is your style, this is bang on trend and a carefully chosen eco-friendly version this can easily tie in with your theme. Gone are the days of a simple card invitation. Invitations usually comprise a carefully coordinated pack of information including gift registry, pre-paid envelope with RSVP as well as directions, day and/or evening guest information as well as the wedding ceremony itself.
There are now so many options available and many couples are opting to go digital for all their wedding invitation needs. Not only is this ecologically friendly, but you’ll receive far faster response times and will be able to track your wedding invites at the click of a button - no more waiting for snail mail!
For my own wedding, I opted for Appy Couple – the interactive app that lets you manage and share the most important details of your wedding day with your guests at the click of a button.
Here are just some of the reasons why I chose Appy Couple:
Web based + App
It’s an all-in-one integrated app available on your phone or PC, making it easy to keep on track with those all-important RSVP’s.
Choose what you want to share
You can add as many pages as you choose, here are just a few...
• Pictures (of you, your holiday, your engagement photos…anything really!)
• Key People (details of the couple, bridal party etc)
• You can create as many events as you choose. So as well as your wedding day, you can add in your hen or stag party or a post wedding BBQ (or any other event) by simply creating a new event page. The great thing is that you can choose who you invite to each event –simple!
• Gift Registry – Appy Couple links to most wedding registries
• Online guest book
• Wedding countdown timer.
Guest List Management
• Enter the details of each guest to create a database; from there you simply select which guest you’d like to invite to which event. They will receive an email/app notification if they have it installed and can RSVP on the go
• You receive an email/notification if somebody has RSVP’d
• You can set up special requests (menu choices, favourite song etc)
• You can export your RSVPs into an Excel spreadsheet at any time to share with your wedding planner or venue.
• The designs are stunning. No matter what your theme, with over 500 designs there will be something to complement your style and you can change this as many times as you like for free and your website/app will automatically update. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, you can order a bespoke design.
• You can download free printable invites, table names and thank you cards. All of this will be branded according to your chosen theme.
Appy Couple is so easy to use – no technical experience is necessary – it’s a step-by-step process made so easy that it just builds itself!
Appy Couple is a paid for service from 39USD for the boutique collection with over 500 designs. The Luxury Collection is 89USD with access to all existing and limited edition designs. It’s a one-time sign up charge with no monthly fees and you can keep your website for as long as you like!
Check it out here: http://www.appycouple.com
Readers of Forever Lovestruck Blog can receive a SPECIAL 20% APPY COUPLE DISCOUNT by quoting code: FOREVERAPPY
Forever Lovestruck plan weddings to perfection on the island of Koh Tao, Thailand.